OOo Writer Form Template

Using them, Making them , Finding them

OOo Writer Form Template

Postby CFerrer75 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:57 am

I am looking for a solution to create a form template in OO Writer that I can password protect and send as a file attachment to have filled out and returned to me. Not as an online template. The attachment should be accessible to readers who may be using MS Word so saving as a ODF may prevent readers from using the form.

In MS Word I used to be able to create a Word doc with a form field, password protect it and forward it to another person to be filled in and returned as a file attachment. That way the blank text field would be accessible to be filled in but the other content would remain intact.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Chris
E-mail removed, nobody will reply by mail and it will avoid spam bots to register your address. (Hagar, Moderator).
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
CFerrer75

Re: OOo Writer Form Template

Postby nimmoor » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:24 pm

I was just trying to figure this out myself. What I've got so far is that they're called "input fields."

To insert the fields: Insert > Fields > Other > Functions and select Input field and it will appear where you left your cursor.

Then save the document as a template. Now I'm working on making them larger. Let me know if you find anything else yourself.
Natalie
Running Open Office 3 on Mac OSX
nimmoor

Return to Templates