[Solved] Inserting picture in business card

Using them, Making them, Finding them
sam2626

[Solved] Inserting picture in business card

Post by sam2626 »

Using Windows XP.
I'm afraid I'm not too bright about this, but I've tried everything I can think of.
I would like to design a business card with text on the left half, a picture on the right half and one line of text under the total card.
I can do the text. I can insert a picture. I can't move the picture as far right as I need. I have no clue how to format within the business card. Not sure how to wrap the text. Is there a tutorial?
Before I start doing this :crazy: , please help!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
acknak

Re: Inserting picture in business card

Post by acknak »

For a project like this, with only short blocks of text, I actually prefer to use OOo Draw. It allows very easy placement of all the elements, where Writer brings a lot of constraints that only apply to text documents.

However, that said, working in Draw can be a rough climb if you've never worked in a similar graphics application before.

If you want to continue with what you have, I would suggest that maybe you try this: Right-click on the image and choose Anchor > To Page; then, right-click again and choose Wrap > Through.

It's hard to say from your description if those are the best settings, but at least they should let you move the picture whereever you want.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
sam2626

Re: Inserting picture in business card

Post by sam2626 »

Never mind. Light bulb finally went on. Didn't realize I had to use the "wrap" feature in the picture and not in the text. Doh!