Add Templates via Extension Manager

Using them, Making them, Finding them
pdxlooie

Add Templates via Extension Manager

Post by pdxlooie »

Hello,

This item is addressed in the wiki article, Non-code extensions. http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wik ... Extensions

This actually seems to work in OO3, in that installing the extension will result in the template appearing where I expect it to appear. What I can't sort out is, where is the file actually stored? Contrary to what the article implies, it does not appear either in the user/template dir, nor in the global template directory in the application itself.

This might not matter, except that there is one minor glitch in propagating a template to other users and that is that the 'author' setting for documents created from a template is always the author of the template. There doesn't seem to be any way to change this value internally, within OO. (If there is, tell me.) The only way I can see to change it is to open the properties of the template itself, go to the 'general' tab and click 'reset.' This cause the 'author' name to be changed to the name of the logged-in user doing the reset. Ergo, I want to give users the access to the installed template, in case they wish to modify this setting. I find annoying having to make this sort of change for every document, and usually do it directly on templates, when necessary.

Alternatively, if there is a way to modify the 'author' value dynamically, while installing the extension, I would be happy to implement that procedure.

Thanks.

mp
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP + Ubuntu Linux