Disappearing templates

Using them, Making them , Finding them

Disappearing templates

Postby rotsky » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:40 am

I'm using OOo 3.0.1 on OS X Leopard. I have my personal templates stored in a folder in my home dir, which is set in Paths in OOo preferences as the default path for templates. All was working fine until today...

I created some new templates, deleted a couple of old ones.

When I select File->New->Templates and Documents the 'My Templates' folder won't open. I can click and double-click for all I'm worth, but it refuses to budge. It's as though I have no templates.

If I click on 'Organize...' I can open the 'My Templates' folder no problem and all the templates appear correctly (including the new ones). But here comes another problem. I wanted to set a new default template. I did so via 'Organize...' and, indeed, when I open a new text document it correctly selects the template I wanted (one of the new templates which is in the personal template folder that 'My Templates' refuses to see). Until I close OOo. When I run the program again, the default template has switched back to the old one.

I suspect some b0rked config files somewhere. Any ideas? I even tried rebooting the machine, to no avail...
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard
rotsky

Re: Disappearing templates

Postby rotsky » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:57 pm

Okay, I've partially sorted this myself, albeit in an awkward manner.

I moved the templates to a new location. I went to 'Organize...' and deleted all the entries in 'My Templates'. Had to do this one-by-one because it doesn't allow multiple selections. I then imported the templates from the new location, so that they were copied to the default template location. The templates are now available.

BUT, although I set the default template again, when I close then re-open OOo, it still looks for the old default template - it has failed to save the new setting (ie, setting the default template still only works for the current session).
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard
rotsky

Return to Templates