DOC-files changed layout when opened in OOO3

Using them, Making them, Finding them
PerO

DOC-files changed layout when opened in OOO3

Post by PerO »

Hello,
We have a lot of existing documents and templates in Word 2003 (or older) format and they all change the formating.
They are based on Tables and have some graphics, Logos and text blocks that doesn't looks OK in OOO. We have had this problem in "all" versions of OOO.
Did an update to 3.0 Swedish today and it is the same as before.

Any idee of how to make OOO compatible with word in this case?
Attached is a word-file that will not look OK in ooo, but in word. Same problem if i use my DOT-file in OOO.

Best regards
Per
Attachments
Rit.doc
(43.5 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: DOC-files changed layout when opened in OOO3

Post by TheGurkha »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Until recently the MS Office binary formats were a locked proprietary secret, and the OOo developers had to reverse engineer the file formats in order to implement the filters into OOo. It is little surprise therefore to see these incompatibilities appearing now and then. i doubt that there is much that can be done other than re-formatting them in OOo. In my experience complicated tables like that are always a nightmare when importing from Word.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
PerO

Post by PerO »

I have tried a reformatting, but the problem is that then they are wrong in Word. It looks like we have to stuck to M$, or?
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
PerO

Post by PerO »

Also tried to save them in Word2007 docx or dotx format, but they look even worst in OOO then word2003 format
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP