[Solved] Personalized Default Template

Using them, Making them, Finding them
hedera

[Solved] Personalized Default Template

Post by hedera »

I'm running OO 4.1.8 on Windows 10, on a new computer. I've been using OO for years, and had set up a default template on my old box (also Windows 10 but an earlier version of OO) using Verdana and Tahoma, which was automatic in new Writer documents on the old system. I created and saved a new default template yesterday, and began editing a new document by saving the template to a Writer file. Today, suddenly, my file is reverting to the original template using Arial and Times New Roman (I really dislike Times New Roman). Is there a way to tell my document to use the template I identified as default yesterday??
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
hedera
OpenOffice 4.1.14 on Windows 10 (64-bit)
Nature bats last.
FJCC

Re: Personalized Default Template

Post by FJCC »

Did you use the following procedure to set up the new template?
To Create a Default Template
1. Create a document and the content and formatting styles that you want.
2. Choose File - Templates - Save.
3. In the New Template box, type a name for the new template.
4. In the Categories list, select "My Templates", and then click OK.
5. Choose File - Templates - Organize.
6. In the Templates list, double-click the "My Templates" folder.
7. Right-click the template that you created, and choose Set as Default Template.
8. Click Close.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
hedera

Re: Personalized Default Template

Post by hedera »

I did, actually, but when I Googled my issue, I found a reference to a previous post here which explained that I had failed to modify the fonts under /Format /Styles and formatting to set them to the values I wanted. I've done that and have had no more trouble. Thanks for your help.
hedera
OpenOffice 4.1.14 on Windows 10 (64-bit)
Nature bats last.