[Solved] Template not setting up new Page

Using them, Making them, Finding them
Courtney.Mareeba

[Solved] Template not setting up new Page

Post by Courtney.Mareeba »

Hi all:

I'm creating "cheat sheets" for the songs that I play on the flute. I know the songs well but I can never remember how they start.

The template is in A6 format and contains two frames. The first frame will contain the song title and the second frame will contain a snip of the first line of the score. The third blank area is where I'll put any hand written notes that I may need. Please see attached template and sample "cheat sheet"...

The template looks good but I'm having problems when inputting for real....

When a page is filled with with what I need, I want to go to the next page. I put in a "Page Break" and, yes, it jumps to the next page but the frames are not there.

I been all over the options trying to find some switch that will put those frames on subsequent pages as I expected. I just can't find anything...

Would someone help me please.
C.
Attachments
Song reminder 01.odt
Sample two frames filled in
(23 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
Song A6 two frames.ott
Two frames template
(9.6 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
Last edited by Courtney.Mareeba on Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 7
Hagar Delest

Re: Template not setting up new Page

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

You cannot do that with the page style. A page style controls the static features that are repeated for each pages. Adding a table would add also its content.

You should use an AutoText instead, see: [Solved] Daily Travel Journal - template.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Courtney.Mareeba

Re: [Solved] Template not setting up new Page

Post by Courtney.Mareeba »

I solved my issue by making the template generate 4 pages, each with the required frames..

To explain: An A6 size paper is 1/4 of a A4 page. Using OOO Writer print options I can now get 4 cheat sheets on one A4 size paper. I have to save and create another "new" document every 4 songs but at least now the frames are all there, in the same place, and there is consistency between cheat sheets..

Thanks, to all...
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 7
Hagar Delest

Re: [Solved] Template not setting up new Page

Post by Hagar Delest »

Why bother with new documents at all???
Using an AutoText to insert the frames is exactly the same: create a new page and insert the AutoText, you get the same result.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10