[Solved] AltSearch search and replace list

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
kocj

[Solved] AltSearch search and replace list

Post by kocj »

I am trying to rewrite bullet and numbering list with AltSearch. Using the pick properties button I am able to identify the NumberingLevel. It is also possible to rewrite a whole list to an specific Numbering level or to apply a default or custom list setting to a given list. However I am not able to search and select a specific NumberingLevel.

My goal for a bullet list would be to rewrite it to an ordinary paragraph whit the following markers in front of it.
NumberingLevel=0 to *
NumberingLevel=1 to **
NumberingLevel=2 to ***

For a numbered list the same whit the right numbers should apply.

Any help or directions would be appreciated.

kocj
Last edited by kocj on Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libreoffice 5.3 and 6.1 on Debian Stretch 9.5
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: AltSearch search and replace list

Post by Zizi64 »

Please upload your ODF type sample file here.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
kocj

Post by kocj »

@ Zizi64 Thank you

The only thing I am able to do with AltSearch is like that.

[Find][:::NumberingStyleName=::]
[Replace]*\0\A{NumberingStyleName=}

Witch marks every list, and adds one * in front of it. The bad thing is that hierarchies are getting lost in translation.

Kocj
Attachments
Sample file.odt
(11.15 KiB) Downloaded 773 times
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Your sample document contains only one applied paragraph style: the default one. Therefore you can not change a specific paragraph style to an another one by the usage og the F&R function. And you can not modify the applied styles, because all of the applied paragraph styles are same - with some manually adjusted properties.

Use different styles for the different levels.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
kocj

Post by kocj »

Ok, that seems to work. Using a different par-style for every level allow me to search and rewrite it as i want.

Still, I probably do not get the whole picture at the moment.
Lets assume that I have created a list style, lets call it Bullet-List that has three levels. Then I created a paragraph styles for each level.

Bullet-List-1
Bullet-List-2
Bullet-List-3

Then in Outline and Numbering link par-style Bullet-List-1 to list-style Bullet-List and assign Outline level 1. For par-style Bullet-List-2 and 3 consecutively Outline level 2 and 3.

If I move an item a from level one to level two the paragraph style is not changing. That brings a lot of work should i once decide to move something around.

I have been trough this tutorial https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ima ... df#page=34 that did not give me the needed insight either.

Some how it does not seem to be supposed to be like that. And a bit overkill if just a view lists are needed.

Kocj
kocj

Post by kocj »

Found the solution i needed. I had to setup conditional paragraph styles. Now depending on the outline level a different paragraph stile is applied and i am able to mark that style with AltSearch.

https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question ... n-outline/

Thank you for your help.

Kocj