Looking for TextPortion, TextField clarifications

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
_savage

Looking for TextPortion, TextField clarifications

Post by _savage »

While exploring the different TextPortion types I came across a few things that are unclear to me, and I was unable to find documentation for them. It would be great to have the community shed some light on this…

- It seems that reference strings have somewhat different spaces: "_Ref498096146 " and " _Ref498096146" are the same (space after, space before)?
- What about the types "TextFieldStart", "TextFieldEnd", "TextFieldStartEnd"? I’ve seen them in documents, but can’t find documentation.
- Calling getString() on a "TextFieldStart" returns a ^G and for "TextFieldEnd" a ^H. Their IsCollapsed property is False. What’s with that?
- Given the list of text field services, how can I find which “type” a TextField object is? Should I really iterate over all services and check if an object implements one (or more) of the services?
- In MS Word, a field’s “code” can be something like { PAGEREF _Ref498098146\h} (or NOTEREF, or REF). How are these reference kinds represented in the OO object model?

Thanks!
Jens
Last edited by RoryOF on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed typo in subject [RoryOF, Moderator]
Mac 10.14 using LO 7.2.0.2, Gentoo Linux using LO 7.2.3.2 headless.
_savage

Re: Looking for TextPortion, TextField clarifications

Post by _savage »

See also the Looking for TextPortion, TextField clarifications thread over at the LO Dev mailing list.
Mac 10.14 using LO 7.2.0.2, Gentoo Linux using LO 7.2.3.2 headless.