[Solved] Java: DeploymentException

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
bcris

[Solved] Java: DeploymentException

Post by bcris »

I use Open Office 3.3 on Windows XP SP3 and Java 1.6.0_26.

On this configuration I have a problem with an OOo plugin written in Java and built and deployed with Ant. The extension file: OPM.oxt is successfully built but at deployment I get the following error:

In Console:

Code: Select all

ERROR: Fehler beim Aktivieren von: CalcListener.jar
Cause: (com.sun.star.registry.CannotRegisterImplementationException)  { { Message = "", Context = (com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @ 0 } }
unopkg failed.
Result 1.
"Fehler beim Aktivieren von..." => "Error when activating ..."

in Log.txt:

Code: Select all

###### Progress log entry 2011-08-17 15:48:30 ######
ERROR: (com.sun.star.lang.IllegalArgumentException) { { Message = "Extension ist nicht bekannt: OPM.oxt", Context = (com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @2b7d6c0 }, ArgumentPosition = (short) -1 }
###### Progress log entry 2011-08-17 15:48:40 ######
ERROR: (com.sun.star.lang.IllegalArgumentException) { { Message = "Extension ist nicht bekannt: de.agentes.opm.calc.addin", Context = (com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @2b7d730 }, ArgumentPosition = (short) -1 }
ERROR: (com.sun.star.lang.IllegalArgumentException) { { Message = "Extension ist nicht bekannt: de.agentes.opm.calc.addin", Context = (com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @2b7d730 }, ArgumentPosition = (short) -1 }
"Extension ist nicht bekannt" => "Extension is unknown".

The exact same file (OPM.oxt) can be installed without any problem on a colleague's computer with the same characteristics (Open Office 3.3 on Windows XP SP3 and Java 1.6.0_26). But on my computer and on those of 2 other colleagues the above mentioned error message appears.

This issue is very similar with the following one:

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... 25&t=35159

but I have already checked the parts that were problematic there (classpath in MANIFEST.MF and the methods __writeRegistryServiceInfo and __getComponentFactory are correct in this case).

Is there a way to debug the deployment process ? Or to be able to find out more detailed information about what exactly happens there ? Does anyone have an ideea what the problem could be ?

Thanks in advance !
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows XP SP3
bcris

Re: Java: DeploymentException

Post by bcris »

The problem was packing several jars needed by the extension into one big "utility" jar to avoid having to specify them all into the manifest file: the classes in the inner jars are somehow not "seen" in this case. Not clear yet why that is not working, but a workaround is to use the needed jars directly (not pack them into a bigger jar) and specify each of them in the manifest.xml and manifest.MF files.
bcris

[Solved] Re: Java: DeploymentException

Post by bcris »

Solved
Mission

Re: [Solved] Java: DeploymentException

Post by Mission »

bcris wrote:
"Extension ist nicht bekannt" => "Extension is unknown".

The exact same file (OPM.oxt) can be installed without any problem on a colleague's computer with the same characteristics (Open Office 3.3 on Windows XP SP3 and Java 1.6.0_26). But on my computer and on those of 2 other colleagues the above mentioned error message appears.

This issue is very similar with the following one:

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=35159

but I have already checked the parts that were problematic there (classpath in MANIFEST.MF and the methods __writeRegistryServiceInfo and __getComponentFactory are correct in this case).

Is there a way to debug the deployment process ? Or to be able to find out more detailed information about what exactly happens there ? Does anyone have an ideea what the problem could be ?

Thanks in advance !
How did you solve it? A big jar may not contain further smaller jars and then it will work? Have to try it at home. Thanks!
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista