com.sun.star.drawing.TextShape Not Available

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
bd_atl

com.sun.star.drawing.TextShape Not Available

Post by bd_atl »

Forum,

I am using NetBeans 6.9.1, with the OpenOffice 3.3 Libraries. I created the project using the NetBeans add-in for open office.

I am trying to insert a slide into an Impress presentation. I need to add a text shape and print Korean characters on it.

In reading the API and Javadoc that came with the SDK, I see the TextShape service and the various properties that would let me print Korean text on a slide. However, when I type com.sun.star.drawing. , I get no prompt for the TextShape service. :(

Can anyone please explain why I am not seeing this class /service? I believe I am running the latest release of Open Office and I have included all related / necessary jars.

Thank you for your help,

Ben
Open Office 3.3 ; Windows 7 Home Premium
hanya
Volunteer

Re: com.sun.star.drawing.TextShape Not Available

Post by hanya »

Because the service definition of IDLs can not be converted in Java type definition.
Please, edit this thread's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Apache OpenOffice 4-dev on Xubuntu 14.04
bd_atl

Post by bd_atl »

Hanya,

Thank you for your reply.

Are you saying that I have to do this in C++? Is there an example of accessing the TextShape service in Java.

Cheers,

Ben
Open Office 3.3 ; Windows 7 Home Premium
hanya
Volunteer

Post by hanya »

Are you saying that I have to do this in C++?
No. You can not find any include file for C++ of services.

You can find example to make new shape in the sdk examples, com.sun.star.drawing.RectangleShape service is used in the following document:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wik ... onal_Chart
Please, edit this thread's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Apache OpenOffice 4-dev on Xubuntu 14.04
eckart

Post by eckart »

Hello bd_atl,

I saw in your post "com.sun.star.drawing.TextShape Not Available", that you installed the OpenOffice API plugin in Netbeans 6.9.
Where did you get it from? I found the link api.openoffice.org/files/documents/22/4772/org-openoffice-extensions-2.0.7.alpha.nbm
for an alpha version, but this link appears to be wrong.

Thanks for your answer.
Eckart
OpenOffice 3.2 on Ubuntu 10.10