[Solved] Progress bar dialog box problem

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
jgsylvester

[Solved] Progress bar dialog box problem

Post by jgsylvester »

I am attempting to get a progress bar dialog box to work. I copied the ProgressBarDemo() macro from http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wik ... ogress_Bar to a an openoffice.org base database. When I run this macro, I get the following error "BASIC runtime error. An exception occurred. Type:com.sun.star.containr.NoSuchEelement Mesasage:" at the follwoing line from the macro " oProgressBarModel = oDialog.getModel().getByName( "Dialog1" )" I hve defined a progress bar dialog form named Dialog1. I am not certain what BASIC cannot find getModel() or getByName(). Do I have to define a macro with thius name?
Last edited by jgsylvester on Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Openoofice.org 3.3.0 Windows Vista (also Openoffice.org 3.3.0, Ubuntu 10.10)
jgsylvester

Re: progress bar dialog box problem

Post by jgsylvester »

I realized that the line should have read "oProgressBarModel = oDialog.getModel().getByName( "ProgressBar1" )" to coincide with tha actual name "ProgressBar1" defined in the Dialog1 form. Now my issue is how to call the demo during an actual dabase "tranaction". I wish to show progress bar during an import transaction from an another spreadsheet.
jgsylvester

Re: Progress bar dialog box problem

Post by jgsylvester »

I guess I am asking how to increment progress bar as I import each record.
hanya
Volunteer

Post by hanya »

Please, edit this thread's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Apache OpenOffice 4-dev on Xubuntu 14.04
jgsylvester

Post by jgsylvester »

Thanks for the suggestion. I will investigate these.
jgsylvester

Re: Progress bar dialog box problem[Solved]

Post by jgsylvester »

I think I will execute the necessary statements in the in-line function that is doing the updaing. Thanks for the suggestions.