OOo installation path (for JavaEclipse / Mac)?

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
javatux

OOo installation path (for JavaEclipse / Mac)?

Post by javatux »

Hi,

I have installed the OpenOffice SDK 3.2.1 for MacOS 10.6.4 and the UNO Eclipse plugin. To setup the Eclipse plugin you were asked for the path to OOo installation. But the path where it is installed on my Mac (/opt/OpenOffice.org.app/) is not recognized by the plugin - I guess because the directory structure is different from Windows and Linux).

Has anybody installed successful the OpenOffice SDK together with the Eclipse plugin for Java?
OpenOffice 3.2.1 with MacOS 10.6.4
terry62

Re: OOo installation path (for JavaEclipse / Mac)?

Post by terry62 »

Hi javatux, sorry to "reply" with a question, but you say "I have installed the OpenOffice SDK 3.2.1 for MacOS" so you have succeeded where I have failed. I've downloaded a .dmg called OpenOffice.org 3.2 SDK which contains 2 folders "LICENCEs" and "OpenOffice.org3.2_SDK" but I can't find any info on what to do next. I'd be grateful if you could let me know what you did to install this. TIA for any advice - Terry.
OpenOffice 3.2.1 on Mac OS X 10.5.8
javatux

Post by javatux »

Hi Terry,

sorry for the late answer, but I was lost in the different OO mailing lists and docs and found not back to this Forum.

What I did: I copied the OpenOffice.org3.2_SDK to my disk (in my case: /Applications/opt/ooo/OpenOffice.org3.2_SDK). I think I started the setsdkenv_unix script in this directory, which sets up some environment variables (there's also an index.html and docs/install.html which explain these environment variables).

If the environment is set up correct you should be able to call e.g. the IDL compiler (idlc) from the command line.

regards, Oliver
bimargulies

Post by bimargulies »

With Eclipse Helios, MacOS 10.6.x, and OO 3.2.1, I can't get the Eclipse plugin to accept the .app directory for my OO install. It takes the SDK without incident. If I browse to /Applications it grays out the OpenOffice.app directory, and if I type in a pathname by hand, it's rejected.
javatux

Post by javatux »

The same is true for Eclipse 3.5 with MacOS and Linux. I heard also from our Windows guys that the Eclipse plugin does not work for Helios.

What I did: I setup a normal Java project and used the maven-ooo-plugin (http://github.com/fredericmorin/maven-ooo-plugin) to build the IDL files (we use Maven to build our projects). Then I added it as builder in Eclipse to automate it. That part is working.

What's not working: the maven-ooo-plugin is able to create the .oxt file. For simple project it may work but in our case there's something missing. I tried to find the missing parts and extend the maven-ooo-plugin but I'm not an OOo expert and it is very, very, very frustrating - you'll get no useful error message from OOo and I have no idea where I can get more infos to find the cause for the problems :-(