Trying to use OpenOffice::OODoc and PerlUno

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
jpastore

Trying to use OpenOffice::OODoc and PerlUno

Post by jpastore »

I'm working on a proof of concept for a feature I want to build into a web application.

Basically, I'm taking ODT files and using them as template form letters. A web based Perl app reads in the ODT, loops through the text elements, uses Template Toolkit to merge in values and create a new ODT file. I want to use OO::UNO (which I can't get to install) to use OOo-headless to output a PDF that the user can download and fax or email.

I have a PyUno script that successfully converts an ODT to PDF. But I can't figure out how to translate that Perl. Not a Python guy and this my is first exposure to it. I also have zero understanding of the interface.

I was hoping someone could explain to me what I would need to do (once I get OpenOffice::UNO going) to get a PDF written out. The docs for OO::UNO state that it's a direct interface to the API and that I should reference the API documentation for use.

I can't find that documentation.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Jon
OOo 2.4.X on Ubuntu 8.x + XP