Converting OpenOffice File Formats to text format

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
mohan2sree

Converting OpenOffice File Formats to text format

Post by mohan2sree »

Welcome beginner. What is your question or comment?
Please try to briefly and clearly tell us: What you want, What you tried, and What happened.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Team,

I am new to this. I need an information regarding Converting(Parsing) OpenOffice file formats such as (.odt, .ods, .odp) to text format. Can you please some information regarding this and if possible send me some sample Api's.

Thanks&Regards,
Mohansai
OOo 2.1.X on Mandriva
Caracalla
Volunteer

Re: Converting OpenOffice File Formats to text format

Post by Caracalla »

you mean .txt files? With .odt files it's simple, open the file in OOo and save as .txt Of course, most formatting will be lost that way.
.ods and .odp files cannot be converted to ure text i think, how could they be?
Has your question been answered? Then please add [solved] to the title of your thread.
My pet peeve, No support for international ordinal numbering
please vote

Er is nu ook een Nederlandstalig forum!
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP + Opensuse 11.1
mohan2sree

Re: Converting OpenOffice File Formats to text format

Post by mohan2sree »

Dear caracalla,

Thanks for your reply. I need in the txt format that mean as a String.which i need to read and Send to OutputStream . Can you send me some API for converting OpenOffice files to txt . I mean , need the content of the file in a String Value. Can you please provide that.

Thanks in Advance
OOo 2.1.X on Mandriva