[Solved] How to loop through the ranges in SheetCellRanges?

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
ooGuillaume

[Solved] How to loop through the ranges in SheetCellRanges?

Post by ooGuillaume »

Hello,

I'm getting the last modified content in a spreadsheet through the Sheet Events, say with parameter ChangedContents.

Calling the functions below, I know whether I'm dealing with a single cell, a single range, or multiple ranges.

Code: Select all

Dim SelectionIsCell, SelectionIsUniqueCellRange, SelectionIsMultipleCellRanges As Boolean

SelectionIsCell = ChangedContents.supportsService("com.sun.star.sheet.SheetCell")
SelectionIsUniqueCellRange = ChangedContents.supportsService("com.sun.star.sheet.SheetCellRange")
SelectionIsMultipleCellRanges = ChangedContents.supportsService("com.sun.star.sheet.SheetCellRanges")
But I can't find the right functions to loop through the multiple ranges.
For instance, I'd like to be able to call getRangeAddress or getCellRangeByPosition on each range of ChangedContents, when it supports SheetCellRanges.

Thank you.
Last edited by ooGuillaume on Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
LibreOffice 6.2.7.1 on Xubuntu 18.04
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: How to loop through the ranges in SheetCellRanges?

Post by Zizi64 »

Do you use one of the object inspection tools (MRI or XrayTool) for your programming tasks?

You can check the existing properties, methods, interfaces (and others) by usage an object inspection tool.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Lupp
Volunteer

Post by Lupp »

In principle you don't need to treat "single cell" in a specific way because any single cell also supports the SheetCellRange service. There may be some effect concerning the efficiency, of course.

As an example I post a piece of code I just wrote in a playful way induced by a question in a different forum:

Code: Select all

Sub doSomething(pEvent)
REM pEvent is supposed to pass all the cells having changed when a sheet event 'Content changed' was thrown.
rgs = ThisComponent.createInstance("com.sun.star.sheet.SheetCellRanges")
If pEvent.supportsService("com.sun.star.sheet.SheetCellRange") Then
  REM Will also be executed if a single cell was changed.
  rgs.addRangeAddress(pEvent.RangeAddress, True)
Else 
  rgs = pEvent
End If
u = rgs.Count - 1
For  j = 0 To u
  rg = rgs(j)
  For c = 0 To rg.Columns.Count - 1
    For r = 0 To rg.Rows.Count - 1
      oneCell = rg.getCellByPosition(c, r)
      '... Something to do
      'Probably a conditional Exit For
    Next r
    'Probably a conditional Exit For
  Next c
Next j
'... Some statements
End Sub
The loops are forced into a common structure here. Even a single cell is treated via a SheetCellRanges object.
(I would prefer Calc to handle selections this way. It doesn't however. Draw to the contrary always returns a collection even if a single shape is selected.
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

1) XEnumerationAccess:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=23685&p=107958&hil ... es#p107958

2) XIndexAccess:
For i = 0 to obj.getCount()-1
rg = obj.getByIndex(i)

3) if you want to work with the "coordinates" of ranges:
a() = obj.getRangeAddresses() returns an array of range address structs describing the locations of ranges.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
ooGuillaume

Re: [SOLVED] How to loop through the ranges in SheetCellRang

Post by ooGuillaume »

Three useful answers in less than two hours, thank you very much!

I installed MRI but still need to read through the documentation to find out what it's all about...
LibreOffice 6.2.7.1 on Xubuntu 18.04
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: [SOLVED] How to loop through the ranges in SheetCellRang

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice