[Solved] LOeclipse and hanging idlc.exe and/or ucpp.exe

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
JulianR

[Solved] LOeclipse and hanging idlc.exe and/or ucpp.exe

Post by JulianR »

Hi!

I have decided to attempt to create my own extension, and predictably I have been running from one newbie problem to another, but this one I can't figure out.

When I create a new UNO-IDL project, it hangs on refresh at 5%. It turns out this is caused by ucpp.exe and idlc.exe seemingly doing nothing (at least it is showing no activity even for 10 - 30 minutes). If I kill it, then the progress bar goes to next step, but of course whatever was supposed to be done by idlc.exe and ucpp.exe duo, is not done (so I get errors and no *Impl.java file).
I am doing this on windows, and I have no idea how, if this is caused by bad installation of SDK (located at C:\LOSDK\6.2.5\) or some other factor.

In the error log I can see, that eclipse is running this command:

Code: Select all

Running command: idlc -O "build\urd\org\libreoffice\example" -I "C:\LOSDK\6.2.5\sdk\idl" -I "idl" idl\org\libreoffice\example\LOHW2.idl with env: [...] from dir: C:\Users\JulianR\eclipse-workspace\LOHW2
My Path looks like this:

PATH=C:\LOSDK\6.2.5\sdk\bin;C:\Program Files\LibreOffice\program;C:\Program Files\LibreOffice\bin;C:\Program Files\LibreOffice\program;Path=C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.8.0_201/bin/server;C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.8.0_201/bin;C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.8.0_201/lib/amd64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\;C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\syswow64;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\bin;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Users\JulianR\java-2019-06\eclipse;
And other environmental variables are:

LOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\JulianR\AppData\Local, PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6, FP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NO, USERDOMAIN=oidad, LOGONSERVER=\\OIDDC, SESSIONNAME=Console, ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramData, _NT_SYMBOL_PATH=srv*C:\CB\symbole*https://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols, PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=AMD64, PSModulePath=C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\, SystemDrive=C:, APPDATA=C:\Users\JulianR\AppData\Roaming, USERNAME=JulianR, USERDNSDOMAIN=COMPANY.PL, windows_tracing_logfile=C:\BVTBin\Tests\installpackage\csilogfile.log, ProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86), VBOX_MSI_INSTALL_PATH=C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\, CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files, MpConfig_ProductCodeName=AntiSpyware, PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC, OS=Windows_NT, windows_tracing_flags=3, COMPUTERNAME=J-RAGANW7, PROCESSOR_REVISION=3a09, CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files, MpConfig_ProductUserAppDataPath=C:\Users\JulianR\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Defender, ComSpec=C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe, MpConfig_ReportingGUID=6AE6B6E6-06D5-4E15-BDDD-17C5944FF546, ProgramData=C:\ProgramData, MpConfig_ProductAppDataPath=C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender, ProgramW6432=C:\Program Files, HOMEPATH=\Users\JulianR, SystemRoot=C:\Windows, TEMP=C:\Users\JulianR\AppData\Local\Temp, HOMEDRIVE=C:, PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9, GenuineIntel, USERPROFILE=C:\Users\JulianR, TMP=C:\Users\JulianR\AppData\Local\Temp, MpConfig_ProductPath=C:\Program Files\Windows Defender, CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files, ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files, PUBLIC=C:\Users\Public, NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=8, windir=C:\Windows, AMDAPPSDKROOT=C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\, =::=::\
I am running on Win 7 x64 pro with UAC disabled, LO 6.2.5.2 with corresponding SDK and eclipse for java developers 2019-06 with latest version of LOeclipse from marketplace. I did run the setsdkenv_windows.bat on current windows session.

Those tools also happen to hang when trying to run the starter project (although killing the ucpp.exe does allow the extension to be installed and work within LO).

Anyone knows what may be causing this problem?
Last edited by JulianR on Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 / LibreOffice 5.3 / LibreOffice 6.0 / LibreOffice 6.2 on Windows 7
JulianR

Re: LOeclipse and hanging idlc.exe and/or ucpp.exe

Post by JulianR »

There is a problem/bug on Windows with sdk for LO version 6+, to develop extensions using current version of LOeclipse use LO version 5.x (tested with 5.0.0.1 and 5.4.7.2, there is a bug with parsing datatypes though, for example string gets parsed to java/lang/String and obviously needs to be replaced with just String, though this problem also exists on current version in linux)

*Edit - The problem also seems to be gone with version 6.3.0.4
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 / LibreOffice 5.3 / LibreOffice 6.0 / LibreOffice 6.2 on Windows 7