Apache OpenOffice Macro Training

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
CavendishKnight

Apache OpenOffice Macro Training

Post by CavendishKnight »

Hello Everyone!

Good Day! I would like to seek an assistance regarding if anyone here knows where can I find and enroll Apache OpenOffice Macro programming training here in the Philippines?

I tried to search in google but couldn't find, google is only showing training companies regarding VBA programming.I'd like to learn more about macro programming because we use Apache OpenOffice at work and I want to make a macro for repetitive reports.

Any help is much appreciated.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.6
Windows 7 x64
FJCC

Re: Apache OpenOffice Macro Training

Post by FJCC »

I would be very surprised if there are any classes offered on OpenOffice, or LibreOffice, macro programming. Andrew Pitonyak has published a book called OpenOffice.org Macros Explained and an English Macro Document with many examples. They are available at http://pitonyak.org/oo.php
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
JeJe
Volunteer

Re: Apache OpenOffice Macro Training

Post by JeJe »

Programming in OO is a lot harder than VBA - you're not going to learn all about it in a short period of time. If you can't do what you want without macros then the best place to start might be the macro recorder - and see if it can do what you want, or bits of what you want. Then start a thread here for some help with what you can't do when you've got as far as you can get.

Also use searches here for what you want to do - you'll likely find someone's had problems doing the same thing and there are threads already which may help you.
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)