Autofilling macro

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
Faladrath

Autofilling macro

Post by Faladrath »

Hi

I wish to fill a box with a color and a number once another box has numbers put it.
How do I do this?
open office 4.1
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Autofilling macro

Post by UnklDonald418 »

Your question is too vague to give a specific answer.
Is your "box" a control on a Base form, a shape on a Draw page or maybe a cell on a Calc spreadsheet?
To learn the basics of macros including using the Macro Recorder see Chapter 13 of the Getting Started User Guide
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Docume ... e_Chapters
To learn about coding macros in Star Basic, download Andrew Pitonyak's book "OpenOffice.org Macros Explained"
http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
RusselB

Re: Autofilling macro

Post by RusselB »

If, by "box" you are referring to a cell in a spreadsheet, then this can be done using functions and formulas that are already available, without having to write a macro.
As UnklDonald stated, your question is much too vague, thus we need more specific details... at minimum, I would think, the application that you are actually working in.
In addition to the 3 options already mentioned, a Writer document is also a possibility that I can think of as an option for what you have stated you wish to do.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.