Due to an unexpected error, OpenOffice has crashed.

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
dpark29

Due to an unexpected error, OpenOffice has crashed.

Post by dpark29 »

Recently I Open Office has begun crashing every time I attempt to edit a macro with a “Due to an unexpected error, OpenOffice has crashed.” message. I have OpenOffice files stored on an OneDrive remove server, and the error occurs only on my laptop computer. I am able to use OpenOffice with the same OpenOffice files stored on OneDrive without errors on my tower PC.

In troubleshooting this problem, I checked that both the laptop and PC are running the same Windows 10 version; 8013 (OS Build 40.0.17134.706) and I am running OpenOffice version 4.1.6 on both computers. I have reset my User Profile on the laptop, but that did not solve the problem.

The crash occurs whenever I attempt to open any macro on the laptop. I even attempted to open one of the OpenOffice Macros/Tools, and that resulted in the same “Due to an unexpected error, OpenOffice has crashed.”

While I am able to open a Base database on the laptop that I have been using on the PC and use a macro that runs when a form's Listbox control is updated, I get the following error when I attempt to run a macro from a command button on the same form: “An exception occurred Type: com.sun.star.lang.WrappedTargetException Message: file:///C:/users...<path and name of the database currently running> does not exist.”

As I mentioned earlier, I only get the errors and crashes on the laptop. The same OO files work as expected and without errors on the PC.

Any help or suggestions as to the cause and resolution to this error is GREATLY appreciated!
OpenOffice 4.01, Windows 7
JeJe
Volunteer

Re: Due to an unexpected error, OpenOffice has crashed.

Post by JeJe »

This sounds similar to a problem we've had here before - maybe this thread will help? Have you got the latest updates for your Win10 laptop?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=94826
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
dpark29

Post by dpark29 »

Yes, I ran the HP Support Assistant to be sure I was running the latest build and BIOS.
OpenOffice 4.01, Windows 7
njf

Post by njf »

I have the same problem. I bought a new Lenovo laptop, running windows 10, ver. 1909. When I try to edit a macro created on an old Dell laptop, Calc crashes. The macros will run. The Dell is running the same Windows 10 version, 1909. I am able to edit the macros on the Dell, but not the Lenovo. Please help.
OpenOffice 4.1.7; Windows 10, Version