OOo and MS Office macros

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
ClintonJMolina

OOo and MS Office macros

Post by ClintonJMolina »

Hello friends !

In my company I have used oOo and Office Excel with proper copyright. What I want to ask you is why when using o0o to open Excel of M.Office to run the Macro otherwise can not? Although when running = o0o has saved as as xls of M.Office but then open the file containing the Macro to be error.

Who can answer?

Thank you !
NeoOffice 2.2.3
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: oOo and office

Post by Zizi64 »

NeoOffice 2.2.3
oOo
The OpenOffice.org (OO.o) and the NeoOffice 2.2.3 are archaic-old versions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LibreOffice#History
Use a recent version. But the macros never was (and never will be) compatible between the MSO and the AOO/LO.
You must rewrite the MS VBA macros (based on the API functions of the AOO/LO) if you want to use those macros in the Apache OpenOffice or LibreOffice.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

OpenOffice is not a clone of MS Office; it is largely functionally equivalent, but the underlying engines differ, hence the macro languages are different and macros need to be rewritten to run on the other program.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.