New function out of a system function(IndexIf)

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
sokolowitzky

New function out of a system function(IndexIf)

Post by sokolowitzky »

Hello there,

I need to make an IndexIf function. A regular Index function has 4 areas. First one is the reference area, this area must be filled with a legitimate location like A1:b6 or name of a range.
Other parts are optional, they are not necessary to be filled. But if you don't fill those parts, the function returns 1.
What I need is, in case of any error, like an unvalid character or a an unvalid location the function should return empty.

The reason why I do this, I have a sheet which is around 8 mb but while working it covers about 1,5gbs of ram. I'm trying to shrink the ram that functions use. I'm not sure if this is a wise step or not. But I feel like this might change a bit.
Win10-OpenOffice 4.1/LibreOffice 7.4
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: New function out of a system function(IndexIf)

Post by Zizi64 »

Please upload a small sample file here - to present what you want to achieve really.

And please share the large file ona file sharing service: we will try to understand why it consupt so much memory.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.