How to combine Labels into Group Box

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
MINTHETNAUNG

How to combine Labels into Group Box

Post by MINTHETNAUNG »

Hi there, I don't know whether it is possible or not. I have got many labels prompting the user's data. As the labels are too much that a full-screen size dialog box can't handle to show all the labels, I am thinking about grouping them i.e. to put all those labels into Group boxes and manages the group boxes alone so that I don't have to deal with each label whenever I make changes to the codes. How can I do that? If it is not possible, I will go for workaround solutions.
Openoffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: How to combine Labels into Group Box

Post by UnklDonald418 »

You didn't provide enough information to give you a definitive answer.
On a Base form a Label is a type of control that holds a fixed string value that can only be edited in the Edit/Design mode. Other types of Controls such as Text Boxes, Formatted Fields, and List Boxes to name a few, display data entered into your database tables, and allow new data to be entered.
Sometimes, you can save space on the form document by using table controls rather than individual text boxes.
Also, if you really have that many columns in your database table, you may have what is sometimes referred to as a flat database table. If that is the case you need to normalize the database and separate some of the data into other tables and use more than one form document.
For us to provide more specific recommendations it would be best if you would upload a sample database so we can see what you actually have.
[Forum] How to attach a document here
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
JeJe
Volunteer

Re: How to combine Labels into Group Box

Post by JeJe »

If you mean controls on a dialog then look at the "step" property of the dialog and controls - when the step is 0 all the controls will be shown - but when you put the step of some controls to a different number only those controls with that number will be visible when the dialog is set to that "step" number.
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)