Macro PDF With Variable For Username And Cell Text FileName

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
SandidgeHayLLC

Macro PDF With Variable For Username And Cell Text FileName

Post by SandidgeHayLLC »

Hello, I found a macro online which almost worked as I was needing. But I haven't been able to change it to
save where I need or with the cell info as the filename. I'm being bluntly honest this language is foreign
to me and while i have tried to understand it and make it do what I need the results have been terrible. 
Goals: variable for windows username as part of save location <even possible?
Cell value as part of save file name when export as pdf macro pressed.
My goal is this --> c:\users\*the username for windows*\folder1\folder2\folder3\folder4\folder5\*folder name matching contents of cell t4*\summary sheet.pdf"

The macro code included below.
The file attached *plan to save macro as part of file instead of on each pc

Code: Select all

REM  *****  BASIC  *****

Sub Main

End Sub

sub export_pdf
rem ----------------------------------------------------------------------
rem define variables
dim document   as object
dim dispatcher as object
rem get access to the document
document   = ThisComponent.CurrentController.Frame
dispatcher = createUnoService("com.sun.star.frame.DispatchHelper")

dim args1(0) as new com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue
args1(0).Name = "ToPoint"
args1(0).Value = "$A$1:$AB$52"

dispatcher.executeDispatch(document, ".uno:GoToCell", "", 0, args1())

dim args2(2) as new com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue
  Dim Cel        As Object
  Dim Werkblad    As Object
  Dim Werkmap    As Object

Werkmap=ThisComponent
  Werkblad=Werkmap.Sheets.getByName("SUMMARY")
  Cel=Werkblad.getCellByposition(19,3) 'T4

args2(0).Name = "URL"
args2(0).Value = "file:///C:/***The Windows Username***/***SubDir1***/***SubDir2***/***SubDir3***/**SUBDIR4**/**SUBDIR5***/"& Cel.getString(T4)/"Summary Sheet"&".pdf"
args2(1).Name = "FilterName"
args2(1).Value = "calc_pdf_Export"
args2(2).Name = "FilterData"
args2(2).Value = Array(Array("UseLosslessCompression",0,false,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("Quality",0,90,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("ReduceImageResolution",0,false,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("MaxImageResolution",0,300,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("UseTaggedPDF",0,false,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("SelectPdfVersion",0,0,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("ExportNotes",0,false,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("ExportBookmarks",0,true,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("OpenBookmarkLevels",0,-1,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("UseTransitionEffects",0,true,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("IsSkipEmptyPages",0,true,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("IsAddStream",0,false,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("FormsType",0,0,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("ExportFormFields",0,true,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("HideViewerToolbar",0,false,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("HideViewerMenubar",0,false,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("HideViewerWindowControls",0,false,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("ResizeWindowToInitialPage",0,false,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("CenterWindow",0,false,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("OpenInFullScreenMode",0,false,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("DisplayPDFDocumentTitle",0,true,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("InitialView",0,0,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("Magnification",0,0,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("Zoom",0,100,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("PageLayout",0,0,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("FirstPageOnLeft",0,false,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("InitialPage",0,1,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("Printing",0,2,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("Changes",0,4,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("EnableCopyingOfContent",0,true,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("EnableTextAccessForAccessibilityTools",0,true,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("ExportLinksRelativeFsys",0,false,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("PDFViewSelection",0,0,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("ConvertOOoTargetToPDFTarget",0,false,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("ExportBookmarksToPDFDestination",0,false,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("_OkButtonString",0,"",com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("EncryptFile",0,false,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("DocumentOpenPassword",0,"",com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("RestrictPermissions",0,false,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("PermissionPassword",0,"",com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE),Array("Selection",0,,com.sun.star.beans.PropertyState.DIRECT_VALUE))

dispatcher.executeDispatch(document, ".uno:ExportToPDF", "", 0, args2())

end sub
Attachments
PDF EXPORT.ods
File Expample
(15.57 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Open Office 3.2.1
Windows 7 64 Bit
RoryOF

Re: Macro PDF With Variable For Username And Cell Text FileN

Post by RoryOF »

Please do not capitalise every letter - it makes your posting nearly impossible to read. I have corrected your post to proper sentence case.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
SandidgeHayLLC

Post by SandidgeHayLLC »

RoryOF wrote:Please do not capitalise every letter - it makes your posting nearly impossible to read. I have corrected your post to proper sentence case.
Well, I am sorry you do not like the way I normally always type. I actually type much quicker when doing that and I read it much easier also.
Don't worry I also write by hand the same way. Sorry to be such a bother to you.
Open Office 3.2.1
Windows 7 64 Bit
musikai
Volunteer

Post by musikai »

deleted
Last edited by musikai on Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win7 Pro, Lubuntu 15.10, LO 4.4.7, OO 4.1.3
Free Project: LibreOffice Songbook Architect (LOSA)
http://struckkai.blogspot.de/2015/04/li ... itect.html
musikai
Volunteer

Post by musikai »

ok, the line could like this

args2(0).Value = converttourl("file:///C:/Users/" & environ("USERNAME") & "/Google Drive/Driver SYNC Files/Truck-19/Load Paperwork/" & Cel.getString() & "/Billing Sheet"&".pdf")
It will work, if the Computer has a C drive.

Attached is your file with this modified line. (It already had the code embedded in the file, so it should work when you press the yellow button.)
Attachments
PDF EXPORT.ods
(16.9 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

musikai wrote:It will work, if the Computer has a C drive.
It should not work. You have to decide if you convertToURL("C:\path with spaces\and backslashes\blah.ods") a normal system path or not. file: is the protocol part of an URL. Anything starting with file: and with slashes instead of backslashes is an URL already.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
musikai
Volunteer

Post by musikai »

Thanks! It works but this nicer and correct:

args2(0).Value = converttourl("C:\Users\" & environ("USERNAME") & "\Google Drive\Driver SYNC Files\Truck-19\Load Paperwork\" & Cel.getString() & "\Billing Sheet"&".pdf")