How to check if image on DrawPage and TextPortion is same?

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
_savage

How to check if image on DrawPage and TextPortion is same?

Post by _savage »

I’ve got a document with five (bitmap) images.

When I iterate over document.DrawPage.createEnumeration() then I get five references to these images, e.g.

Code: Select all

pyuno object (com.sun.star.drawing.XShape)0x7fe063487c28{implementationName=SwXTextGraphicObject, supportedServices={…}, supportedInterfaces={…}}
When I iterate over the paragraphs (document.Text.createEnumeration()) then I get five text portions whose type is Frame, and upon iterating over the content of these frames I get TextContent like so:

pyuno object (com.sun.star.text.XTextContent)0x7fe063484dc8{implementationName=SwXTextGraphicObject, supportedServices={…}, supportedInterfaces={…}}
Notice how both have the same implementationName “SwXTextGraphicObject”, because these are essentially the same images. But how can I test that at runtime? They seem to be different objects of different types, so how do I check that an image/shape on a DrawPage is the same as one inside of a Frame?

Interestingly, given the same object on a DrawPage, obj.Graphics returns a different value every time it’s accessed. Given that, I suspect that comparing images is not realistic?
Mac 10.14 using LO 7.2.0.2, Gentoo Linux using LO 7.2.3.2 headless.
hubert lambert

Re: How to check if image on DrawPage and TextPortion is sam

Post by hubert lambert »

Hello,

What about comparing the GraphicURL property?
AOOo 4.1.2 on Win7 | LibreOffice on various Linux systems
_savage

Post by _savage »

hubert lambert wrote:What about comparing the GraphicURL property?
The GraphicURL is a property of the TextGraphicService and would’t work for objects with Shape service support.
_savage

Post by _savage »

I ended up md5-hashing the bitmap data of images, and comparing the hashes. Shapes are converted to png first (see this thread).

Not pretty, resource-hungry, but it works.
hubert lambert

Post by hubert lambert »

_savage wrote:The GraphicURL is a property of the TextGraphicService and would’t work for objects with Shape service support.
No. XShape objects of type SwXTextGraphicObject support the TextGraphicObject service. Thus you can easily check if the source image (return by the GraphicURL property) is the same.
_savage

Post by _savage »

hubert lambert wrote:No. XShape objects of type SwXTextGraphicObject support the TextGraphicObject service. Thus you can easily check if the source image (return by the GraphicURL property) is the same.
I guess you’re correct. However, I just had a document where the following code:

drawobjenum = document.DrawPage.createEnumeration()                                                       
while drawobjenum.hasMoreElements():
    drawobj = drawobjenum.nextElement()
Results in a XShape:

pyuno object (com.sun.star.drawing.XShape)0x7feee6c24c98{implementationName=SwXShape, supportedServices={…}, supportedInterfaces={…}}
Undortunately… :(
hubert lambert

Post by hubert lambert »

Check whether the object supports the right service and you should be done.
_savage

Post by _savage »

hubert lambert wrote:Check whether the object supports the right service and you should be done.
I did ;) It doesn’t :(

pyuno object (com.sun.star.drawing.XShape)0x7feee6c24c98{implementationName=SwXShape, supportedServices={com.sun.star.drawing.CustomShape,com.sun.star.drawing.Shape,com.sun.star.drawing.CustomShapeProperties,com.sun.star.drawing.FillProperties,com.sun.star.drawing.LineProperties,com.sun.star.drawing.Text,com.sun.star.drawing.TextProperties,com.sun.star.style.ParagraphProperties,com.sun.star.style.ParagraphPropertiesComplex,com.sun.star.style.ParagraphPropertiesAsian,com.sun.star.style.CharacterProperties,com.sun.star.style.CharacterPropertiesComplex,com.sun.star.style.CharacterPropertiesAsian,com.sun.star.drawing.ShadowProperties,com.sun.star.drawing.RotationDescriptor,com.sun.star.drawing.Shape}, supportedInterfaces={com.sun.star.beans.XPropertySet,com.sun.star.beans.XPropertyState,com.sun.star.text.XTextContent,com.sun.star.lang.XServiceInfo,com.sun.star.lang.XUnoTunnel,com.sun.star.drawing.XShape,com.sun.star.lang.XTypeProvider,com.sun.star.uno.XWeak,com.sun.star.uno.XAggregation,com.sun.star.drawing.XShape,com.sun.star.lang.XComponent,com.sun.star.beans.XPropertySet,com.sun.star.beans.XMultiPropertySet,com.sun.star.beans.XPropertyState,com.sun.star.beans.XMultiPropertyStates,com.sun.star.drawing.XGluePointsSupplier,com.sun.star.container.XChild,com.sun.star.lang.XServiceInfo,com.sun.star.lang.XTypeProvider,com.sun.star.lang.XUnoTunnel,com.sun.star.container.XNamed,com.sun.star.text.XText,com.sun.star.container.XEnumerationAccess,com.sun.star.text.XTextRangeMover,com.sun.star.drawing.XEnhancedCustomShapeDefaulter}}
hubert lambert

Post by hubert lambert »

I mean: if it does not, pass... :) .
Or do you want also to compare shapes that are not images?

And after checking, you can simply rely on the equal operator. I.e., if the "XShape" object and the "XTextContent" object represent the same image, then

objXShape == objXTextContent
will return True.