Building and Saving Macros

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
KarenRogers

Building and Saving Macros

Post by KarenRogers »

Hello. Years ago I used to build macros and put them in a drop-down list on the Standard Menu tool bar. I started doing that in Open Office yesterday, built a good one that pasted special a certain format into a document. Very useful. Although the document was saved, when I tried to run the macro from my drop-down menu, it was blank. I then went to the Macros box, and the macro name is there, but in Basic, there isn't anything there. Does anybody know what happened? My new theory was that my document had a specific name (a document I was working on) and the Macro is imbedded in THAT document, and that I should re-record and save the macros in "untitled" Does that sound feasible? Thanks everyone for your help.
Open Office 4.1.5 on Windows 10
FJCC

Re: Building and Saving Macros

Post by FJCC »

For a macro to be available to all documents, it should be saved in the My Macros container. Look in Tools -> Macros -> Organize Macros -> OpenOffice Basic and you will see containers labeled My Macros, OpenOffice Macros and one for each document that is open.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
KarenRogers

Re: Building and Saving Macros

Post by KarenRogers »

I have my macros created under My Macros, but when I save and close my untitled document (or if I title it) when I go back, the items are still in the drop-down menu I created but they won't work. The box says it can't find the macros. I'm an old woman who has had some strokes and I'm ready to pull my hair out.
Open Office 4.1.5 on Windows 10