[Solved] Macro Help with Calc

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
regardv

[Solved] Macro Help with Calc

Post by regardv »

Hi there I have been working on a Room booking system for about 2 years now. as I am running a commune. http://www.eagledale.co.za
I am looking for a way to automate some of the tasks I am doing.

For this example I will use 2 sheets
sheet1 =Input
sheet2=data store.

I want to use A1 on my input sheet to input a Name.. ok thats easy now here is the trick.
I want a button that takes the name from A1 in the input sheet.. goes to by data store sheet.. makes a new row at the top and paste the name there.. and then go back to my Input sheet and clear A1.

I know it must be possible.. But what would I search for?

Thank you.

Title edited to remove All Caps by Bhikkhu Pesala (moderator).
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
OOo 2.3.X on Ms Windows XP + Ubuntu 8.10
pete

Re: MACRO HELP

Post by pete »

I find the easiest way to get started with a macro is to record it. You can then look at the code and tweak it to suit your needs better. It also helps when learning or trying something new when you're not sure of the code.
Pete
Doing it with Linux

OOo 3.3 RC5 on openSuse 11.3 and 11.4
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: Macro Help

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You may find editing macros easier if you choose a larger, or more legible font than the default, which is Courier IIRC. To change the font for the Basic Macro editor, go to Tools, Options, OpenOffice.org, Fonts. There you can choose the font and Font settings for HTML and Basic sources.
Idiot Compassion
LibreOffice 6.0.4 on Windows 10
regardv

Re: Macro Help

Post by regardv »

Hello. Thank you for the replies. I have experimented with the Macro record.. Ha Ha.. and yes ..much easier than I thought it would be. thank you
OOo 2.3.X on Ms Windows XP + Ubuntu 8.10