[Solved] MRI: Problem viewing code

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
Keith Wild

[Solved] MRI: Problem viewing code

Post by Keith Wild »

Using MRI version 1.3.3

When I invoke MRI, whether from an AOO spreadsheet or during a macro, I cannot view the code. I have checked from the menu (when MRI is running) that Tools, Code shows both Code and Pseud Property are ticked. However, I have tried all three methods of displaying the code suggested in MRI help, namely:

1.Resizing the code window by dragging the border (which is shown in the MRI tutorial). The up and down arrows don't appear.
2.Double clicking with right click of the mouse at the right bottom corner of the information text field. The only thing visible is "Select All".
3.Hitting Ctrl+H keys. Nothing happens.

None of them works. N.B. I have tried these in all four MRI windows , i.e. Properties, Methods, Interfaces, Services

Any ideas?

BTW How do you get a numbered list when posting? I have tried List and List= and they both appear not to work when using Preview.
Last edited by RoryOF on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added green tick [RoryOF, Moderator]
AOO 4.1.10
macOS Big Sur version 11.6.2
RoryOF

Re: MRI: Problem viewing code

Post by RoryOF »

I've just carried out a quick test. I was able to get the Code window to appear by grabbing the heavy black line at bottom of MRI window and pushing it up, Later grabbing that line allowed changing the Code window size, but one had to push or pull slowly or the cursor slipped off the line and the resizing ceased.

Double right clicking in the bottom right corner worked when the cursor was in the shaded box caused by the intersection of the horizontal and vertical scroll bars.

Ctrl H worked for me when the MRI windows was selected and the cursor was in the Properties Window.

On first use (months ago) I found it difficult to get the code window in MRI.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Keith Wild

Re: MRI: Problem viewing code

Post by Keith Wild »

Thanks for this helpful reply. I tried resizing the window again and I can intermittently get the up and down arrows, but not reliably. Ctrl H still doesn't work - maybe because I've got a Mac? However the good news is that double right clicking in the shaded box caused by the intersection of the horizontal and vertical scroll bars does work consistently. Previous I was clicking in the information text field itself.
AOO 4.1.10
RoryOF

Re: [Solved] MRI: Problem viewing code

Post by RoryOF »

On a Mac Cmd key is often used in place of Ctrl key.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Keith Wild

Re: [Solved] MRI: Problem viewing code

Post by Keith Wild »

On a Mac Cmd H is the command for hiding the application - in this case it hides both the MRI window and the spreadsheet. To see again follow this procedure https://alvinalexander.com/blog/post/ma ... s-x-window.

Regards
AOO 4.1.10