How to control de document scrollbars

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
arfgh

How to control de document scrollbars

Post by arfgh »

I am using 1 big group of controls centered on the document. It is a document which is size fits to don have scrollbars. But for some reason, when i maximize the window, and when return to the window mode, appears the vertical scrollbar, without space to scrolling, that points to me some internal error. Also, when the scrollbar isnt visible, the space that is used by it, is colored in othe tone different to the doocument background color i use.

I have been searching for a way to hide the scroll bars with the api, and seems that doesnt exist an easy way. It has to be with 'Frame.ComponentWindow.AccessibleContext'.

Anyways want to know your opinion about this.
OpenOffice last version | Mageia Linux x64 | Ubuntu Linux | Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 | Java last version
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: How to control de document scrollbars

Post by Villeroy »

My opinion? Install something better, MS Access for instance.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

your opinion isnt helping properly.
OpenOffice last version | Mageia Linux x64 | Ubuntu Linux | Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 | Java last version
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

MS Access is a full featured database development suite, larger than this office suite with all the components.
MS Access lets you build a data form attached to its own windowing toolset with or without title bar, with one, two or no scroll bars, with or without close, maximize. minimize buttons, moveable, resizable or not and with hundreds of options that are not implemented in OpenOffice.
Since 2 decades MS Access is under active developement, comes with an extensive online help and a world wide developer community.

And regarding your other huge topic, MS Access makes it very easy to bookmark individual records.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

I am not interesting on m$ crap. In fact, with the time i have learned to love AOO, so...

Please back to the main question, how to control the document scrollbars, and why is happening that issue with them ?

The whole elements on the form design fits the page size and all of them are into a single group centered on screen etc etc. Then why when back from maximize to regular window, appears the vertical scrollbar with scroll size that is empty ? And also, why when the scrollbar is not visible, its place is colored with other color than the page background ?
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

MS Windows is crap but not MS Access. So if you want to develop a database frontend for the Windows platform, MS Access is worth its money.
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

Other detail about the problem of the automatic group centering, is again when returning from maximize to regular window, because that exatra scroll space that appears, the form think that must be centered on all that space and new one, by the way it fails because the visible window space doesnt change.
Very strange behaviour.