Spontaneous screen refresh in macro editor

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
bongbang

Spontaneous screen refresh in macro editor

Post by bongbang »

The built-in OOB macro editor refreshes the editing pane whenever I select any text in it. In effect, the text would disappear and reappear from top to bottom, taking about half a second each time. If I hold and drag, this happens repeatedly as I move the cursor around. It's very annoying.

How can I get rid of this, please? As a workaround, if there's a way to edit the macros with an external editor (like Vim), I'd love to hear that, too. Thanks.
LibreOffice 5.3.6.1. Windows 10. MySQL 6.3.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Spontaneous screen refresh in macro editor

Post by Zizi64 »

It is an OpenGL related problem.

My Nvidia type, OpenGL 4.5 version videocard often crashes (it flashes for a second, and I get an error message when I play a video - for example from the Youtube - and then the videocard works again. But if the LibreOffice runs in the background, then it crashes too (because it uses the OpenGL). When I restart the LO, the option for usage of the OpenGL will be disabled automatically, and the menus will flashes when I hoovering on them with the mouse. And the Basic editor flashes as you described.
And then I switch the OpenGL ON again, and all of functions work fine again.

It is a very annoying issue in the LibreOffice 5.x.x versions.

The LO4.4.7 worked fine (without the OpenGL function). The LO 4.4.7 used the GDI function.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Spontaneous screen refresh in macro editor

Post by Zizi64 »

I just downgraded the latest NVIDIA driver to the older 381.64 version. It not flash now, but I will examine and check it for a few day.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.