[Closed] MRI Object Inspection Tutorial Odt File

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
rajibando

Post by rajibando »

The Tutorial, Introduction into object inspection with MRI contains these sentences:
As the macro has been called from a Writer document the 'ThisComponent' variable represents the “SwTextDocument” object/service. MRI displays this window where (sic, "it" missing?) is possible to examine all the properties, methods etc applicable to this Writer document:
I had changed the security settings and let the macro run in my system. An MRI window opened. I have posted a snapshot. The MRI tool's Help is not very helping.
Any advice?
MRI_Tool_Window.jpeg
Last edited by rajibando on Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LibreOffice 4.0.3.3 (Build ID: 400m0(Build:3)) in Knoppix 7.2.0
RoryOF

Re: MRI Object Inspection Tutorial Odt File

Post by RoryOF »

More documentation at
https://github.com/hanya/MRI/wiki
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
RPG
Volunteer

Re: MRI Object Inspection Tutorial Odt File

Post by RPG »

Hello

Documentation of OpenOffice BASIC objects, etc.
The link makes it maybe clear to you why it is so difficult when you just started with macros in OOo. You have to study first the BASIC guide and need to understand the idea of services and interfaces. Then you must learn special the service which are important for you. But in the BASIC guide the most important services, interfaces, methods and properties are there. Also you have to learn the complete help file when you want learn BASIC or you need to study the script language of your choice.

Maybe the most important question for starters is always: Why do I want study all those things.

Romke
LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2
rajibando

Post by rajibando »

RoryOF wrote:More documentation at
https://github.com/hanya/MRI/wiki
Thank you, Rory, for the link.
LibreOffice 4.0.3.3 (Build ID: 400m0(Build:3)) in Knoppix 7.2.0