Hotkey Needed

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
sajjansinghania

Hotkey Needed

Post by sajjansinghania »

I am an old person from Dos age.
I have Windows 8.1 & Firefox (latest) & IE11 (Latest) & OpenOffice v.4.1.3.
I frequently log into a Card Game Bridge site http://www.bridgebase.com/client/client.php to play Bridge.
There is a communication window to interact with other players where I type some repetitive messages which are long. They are about 15 in total.
Below I write a few as examples :

Examples :
!H!HJoker Card's Team Match!H!H Welcome all.This is a tensionfree fun table. FAIR PLAY EXPECTED. Zero tolerance for rude behaviour. !H!HPLEASE!H!H ACCEPT CLAIMS & UNDOS for MISCLICKS. Ty

!H!HJoker Card's Team Match!H!H Please check kibitzers on your table. If your friends kibitzing please advise them to stay away from table to protect privacy and FAIR PLAY. If not, they will be ignored in future TMs Ty

!H!HJoker Card's Team Match!H!H !H!HJoker Card!H!H needs to increase # of Boards If you have experience as TD & wish to help kindly Search !H!HJoker Card!H!H on bottom right of your screen & contact !H!HJoker Card!H!H. Ty

I may mention here that !H in above is local conversion to the Heart sign.

Requirement :
Instead of typing out whole text every time I need it, I wish the experts suggest a Code (with hotkeys assigned) which helps me to reproduce my messages on this site.

Thank you in advance Sirs.
OpenOffice v.4.1.3
Windows 9.1
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Hotkey Needed

Post by Zizi64 »

Instead of typing out whole text every time I need it, I wish the experts suggest a Code (with hotkeys assigned) which helps me to reproduce my messages on this site.
How this related to the AOO? Do you want write a macro in the AOO to control the Firefox browser?? My opinion: it is not a good idea. You must activate the AOO in every cases when you want to insert a text in the Firefox, then you must launch the macros by the hotkey. If you want to use the clipboard to pass the actual text, the you must switch bact to the firefox, and need hit Ctrl-V in the input box/window/panel...

I think: it is better to use an another programminf environment to control the Firefox - if it is possible anyway...
Last edited by Zizi64 on Sat May 13, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

There are a mass of Windows utilities that can do what you want. A place to start looking:

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/ ... nts-593312
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
sajjansinghania

@Zizi64 Sir.
While thanking you for taking interest into my problem, I beg to say that I am in need of some kind of Hotkeys assigned to about 20 stored text messages. These Hotkeys need to work when I log on to http://www.bridgebase.com/client/client.php which they say is Flash guided site, to insert for interaction. I am trying to locate help on Firefox for this. A few suggestions will be most welcome to find this help. Thanks once again Sir.

@JeJe Sir,
I went to your suggested site http://www.techradar.com/news/software/ ... nts-593312 but being a novice, could not find way to seek my help. Let me see if I can find a help forum on this site. Anyway thanks tons Sir.
OpenOffice v.4.1.3
Windows 9.1
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

Go here:

http://www.joejoesoft.com/vcms/97/

Click on the "Download acv520.zip" link that's half way down the page to download ArsClip.

You'll need to unzip it and install it on your machine.

It does what you want but you'll need to read the help file to work it all out.

If you can't follow this get a friend/someone to help you.
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
sajjansinghania

"JeJe" Sir,
I have downloaded acv520.zip, and am in process of working on it.
Thanks Tons.
Cheers
OpenOffice v.4.1.3
Windows 9.1
henke54

Post by henke54 »

sajjansinghania wrote: ... which they say is Flash guided site, to insert for interaction. I am trying to locate help on Firefox for this....
Chris Merriman at theinquirer on 19 May 2017 wrote:As planned, from Firefox 55, the malevolent has-been plug-in will be "Ask to Activate" meaning that each instance of Flash content will require authorisation to play. So, you know, just… don't.
Flash, created by Adobe who continue to maintain it for security reasons until such time as they can kill it off, has been slowly dropped by the major browser makers.
LibreOffice 6.0.7.3
on Linux Mint Mate