[Solved] Progress bar / dialog box behavior

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
Herb40

[Solved] Progress bar / dialog box behavior

Post by Herb40 »

In several of my applications, I use two progress bars (PBs) within their associated dialog boxes (DBs). At the present time, I use no other DBs. One PB/DB is for the "main" program, and represents progress through the functions the program must complete. The other PB/DB is for sub-functions called from the main program. The sub-function DB/PB is created and closed multiple times as the main program calls various sub-functions. I also change the title of the main DB as work progresses. All of this works just fine.

But the appearance of the DBs changes over time, without any code in my program. I suppose that the OO is trying to tell me something with these changes in the display, but I haven't been able to find an explanation for this behavior. For example, the text in the title of the main DB is frequently dimmed.

The sub-function DB sometimes has a thin, red line around it.

The appearance of the red line is not objectionable, but I would rather that the text in the main DB not be dimmed. Is there a mechanism for controlling this? Thanks for your help.
Last edited by Herb40 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
JeJe
Volunteer

Re: Progress bar / dialog box behavior

Post by JeJe »

The appearance of text in the titlebar of a Window changes depending on whether it has the focus or not. If you show a dialog modally using the execute statement it will have the focus until it closes. You can show a dialog non-modally as well - without it taking the focus.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5815
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)