I need a macro please help

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API

I need a macro please help

Postby bellmon.g » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:58 pm

Hi all, Good evening. I need a help in open office macro. I need to create macro template for updating production data.my requirement is if i update anything in open office file need the time for updated data after that i finished that line with appropriate data then i need finished time. after finish the same will be update to another sheet and delete from this row. the next updation in this row update the next line in the last updated sheet and the same need to delet from the current line please help :(
open office 4.1.2
bellmon.g

Re: I need a macro please help

Postby UnklDonald418 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:49 am

I suspect no one has replied to you question because it isn't clear what you are attempting.
after finish the same will be update to another sheet and delete from this row.

that implies you are working in Calc, is that correct?
Can you manually perform the process?
If answer to the first two questions is yes, then have you tried the Macro Recorder?
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.6 & LibreOffice 6.1.1.2 - Windows 10 Professional
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: I need a macro please help

Postby John_Ha » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:32 pm

See CH 13 - Macros in the Getting started documentation for OpenOffice.

Also see Tools > Customise > Events ..., where you can run a macro when a specific event occurs.

If you don't know where tgo start there is a Paid Support forum here where someone may be prepared to write one for you.

A very useful, but complicated, guide is Andrew Pitonyak's OpenOffice.org Macro Information
AOO 4.1.6, Windows 7 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Manual, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and the Writer guide.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Return to Macros and UNO API