MS Access-style Macro Editor

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API

MS Access-style Macro Editor

Postby michaelmays » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:56 am

Okay, this is absolute PROOF that I am utterly too lazy for OOo... :lol:

Is anyone aware of a plugin (especially for Base) that provides services for constructing a macro with a "builder" as opposed to writing raw code? Of course the "underneath" is just Basic code, I know this. The problem is, while I might know procedurally what I might want a macro to do, I don't have the knowledge (or the research time) to code it by hand. As much as I hate to say this, Microsoft really helps a lot in Access where I can build a macro with a "snippets" editor (looking like the editor for form/report objects) rather than face a blank text box waiting for me to enter a lot of stuff that probably won't work. I need to customize my d'bases, but I don't have time to go to school on the raw programming.

Why not just use Access? I have an old (pre-Intel) Mac and don't want to boot up Virtual PC to run Access if OOo can do the work for me.
OOo 3.2.1 on Mac OSX 10.5.8
michaelmays

Re: MS Access-style Macro Editor

Postby Villeroy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

The underneath code should be no Basic code because Basic is buggy, slow and lacks object orientation. Python would be the perfect language for this because in Python you can compose method calls quite easily. Yes, I have thought about such system. But I don't have the time nor patience, if I see how badly designed the whole Base component is (just search for macros trying to load a form/report. It seems to be impossible to implement this cleanly).
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04, no OpenOffice, LibreOffice 6.x
Villeroy
Volunteer

Return to Macros and UNO API