[Solved] Export extensions redux

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
Lazy-legs

[Solved] Export extensions redux

Post by Lazy-legs »

Hello,

Apparently, OpenOffice.org developers decided to drop the Export option in the Extension Manager:

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... =47&t=7866
http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=91752

I develop an OpenOffice.org extension called Writer's Tool, and the Export feature has always been extremely useful for me. Using it, I could modify the macros in the extension, and then quickly export it as an .oxt package. What do I do now? Is it possible to modify macros in the installed extension and then export it without going through the rigmarole of creating an. oxt package from the scratch every single time?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Dmitri
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
Hagar Delest

Re: Export extensions redux

Post by Hagar Delest »

There is still The Extension's packager. Acceptable as a workaround? I've tried it once it's rather nice.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
B Marcelly
Volunteer

Post by B Marcelly »

Lazy-legs wrote:I develop an OpenOffice.org extension called Writer's Tool, and the Export feature has always been extremely useful for me. Using it, I could modify the macros in the extension, and then quickly export it as an .oxt package.
Have you considered the Export feature of the Basic Organizer ? In the Libraries tab, select your macro library, then click the Export button.
I don't have 3.0 Beta 2, so I can't say if this button is still there. If it is also removed, then it's a big problem.

______
Bernard
Lazy-legs

Post by Lazy-legs »

Hi Bernard,

The Export feature in the OpenOffice.org Basic Organizer is almost exactly what I was looking for. It doesn't export Addon.xcu, description.xml and a few other files, but I can add them manually. It's not perfect, but far better than packing the extension every single time. Thank you very much for your tip!

Kind regards,
Dmitri