Exiting design mode

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
taylorcl_ut

Exiting design mode

Post by taylorcl_ut »

I am not an Open Office user, but my customer is. I sent him a spreadsheet that included macros created in Excel. For example, pressing the macro button should sort a column. However, the button does not work in Open Office. When hovering over it, it looks just like Design Mode in Excel. The Excel spreadsheet did NOT have Design Mode on. How can he exit Design Mode and use the buttons?

Additional information: He saved some values and sent the spreadsheet back to me. When I bring it up in Excel, it refuses to exit Design Mode. Pressing the Design Mode toggle does nothing - the spreadsheet stays in Design Mode. So it seems corrupted by Open Office somehow.

Thanks!
OOo 2.3.X on MS Windows Vista
Hagar Delest

Re: Exiting design mode

Post by Hagar Delest »

OOo is not compatible with VBA. But you can find someworkarounds, see here: [Solved] OO 2.4 Calc Compatibility problem with MS Excel.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10