AOO crashing when trying to edit macro

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
ptoye

AOO crashing when trying to edit macro

Post by ptoye »

AOO crashes when I try to edit a macro in Calc. Simple to get it to happen: load the workbook, go to Tools|Macros| Organise| OOBasic . In Standard|Module1 select a macro and try to edit. It crashes, at least on my machine. Interestingly, after recovery, I can edit OK, but at the next load and edit it crashes again, This is behaviour very similar to that noted in viewtopic.php?f=9&t=70298&start=90 which seens to be very system=-dependent. I've not tried it out on other AOO docs with macros.

Can someone try it out on their system please?

It runs OK on Libre Office.
Attachments
MacroCrash.ods
Crashing workbook.
(25.53 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Peter
OO 4.1.1 on MS Windows 7 64-bit
F3K Total
Volunteer

Re: AOO crashing when trying to edit macro

Post by F3K Total »

Hi,
no problems, W7, AOO 411.
Neither when editing in the spreadsheets Library, nor when editing Tools|Macros| Organise| OOBasic . In Standard|Module1
R
  • MMove 1.0.6
  • Extension for easy, exact positioning of shapes, pictures, controls, frames ...
  • my current system
  • Windows 10 AOO, LOLinux Mint AOO, LO
ptoye

Post by ptoye »

Thanks for trying. It might be my machine, but I'm not sure quite how. I'll try a safe reboot tomorrow.
Peter
F3K Total
Volunteer

Post by F3K Total »

I don't think that's the machine, i think it's your macro library, try to rename your user profile.
R
  • MMove 1.0.6
  • Extension for easy, exact positioning of shapes, pictures, controls, frames ...
  • my current system
  • Windows 10 AOO, LOLinux Mint AOO, LO
ptoye

Post by ptoye »

Tomorrow! I'm logging off now. But I tried that for the other crash and it did nothing at all.
Peter
gsd4me

Post by gsd4me »

Don't know if this thread is still active or valid but this has started happening to my machine as well - a new Windows 8.1 installation using OO 4.1.1, trying to access my macros via Calc, when everything was fine on my old machine.
Anyone had any ideas? There was a suggestion (via Google search) to turn off "update notification" which I did, and that worked ONCE, so not really any further forward after that.
OO 4.1.14 on a 64 bit W10 machine
tmarkjames

Post by tmarkjames »

I've had this happen while editing a macro in Writer. I can enter, save, and execute the macro, and make minor edits; but if I try to delete one or more whole lines of code, OpenOffice crashes. It doesn't matter whether I delete or cut, or select a line and try to paste something over it, and it doesn't matter whether I edit using the keyboard, the toolbar buttons or the Edit menu -- any edit that involves removing an end-of-line character will crash OpenOffice. The only way I can remove lines from my code is to comment them out. I'm using 4.1.1 under Windows 8.1 on a Lenovo Yoga 2 tablet.

Any ideas appreciated. -- Mark
OpenOffice 4.1.1, Windows 8.1
gsd4me

Post by gsd4me »

I must admit that this has not happened again for a while now on my W8.1 machine.
Can't remember if I did anything 'special' beyond downloading the latest version of OO after uninstalling the earlier version, and I don't think that I changed user profiles etc as suggested in other areas. Sorry that I can't be more specific as it now seems to be behaving itself.
OO 4.1.14 on a 64 bit W10 machine
ptoye

Post by ptoye »

Have you tried LibreOffice? Worked for me.
Peter
JerryO

Post by JerryO »

Old topic, but I just encountered the same problem using OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10. The moment I hit the "delete" key to edit a macro, OO vanished like a soap bubble. When I re-launched, all but two of my macros were gone (and they weren't the first ones I'd recorded; they seemed to have been picked at random). I had updated Windows earlier in the day (version 1803 for x64-based systems, KB4483234), but this was the first time I tried editing a macro so I don't know if the problem existed before or not. From the existence of this forum topic, and a couple of others I found, it sounds like this problem has been around for a while and was either never fixed or was fixed and it's now broken again.

My workaround has been to simply re-record any macro I want to edit. That has been working okay.

Has anyone figured out what's actually going on to cause this particular crash?
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

JerryO:
We've had a recent thread discussing the same problem - a Windows 10 update may fix it for you.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=96298
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
JerryO

Post by JerryO »

JeJe wrote:JerryO:
We've had a recent thread discussing the same problem - a Windows 10 update may fix it for you.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=96298
Hmm. I had just updated Windows an hour or so before the crash, and that was on the 30th, well after people were reporting that the update had fixed the problem. So either there was an update that fixed it and another update that broke it again, or that was never the fix in the first place.

No worries; I've got all my macros loaded now, and backed up. If I have more data later, I'll post in the other more recent topic.

Thanks,
Jerry
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10