Populate Row from fixed fields

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
judas

Populate Row from fixed fields

Post by judas »

Hi...I need a little help to build a macro on calc: I have a form that we use to make quotations for our clients. I need to keep track of the quotations I have made.

I think a good solution would be to copy the fields I need to a list, and paste them as values. Can someone please help me do this? It should first find the next empty row on a specified sheet, then copy to it certain cells as values. Shpuldn't be to complicated, but I don't really know how to do this!

Thank You!
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
judas

Re: Populate Row from fixed fields

Post by judas »

Actually...I don't know if this should have been posted in the OOo Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript forum. if it was, please feel free to move it.

thanls, and sorry :-)
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Hi...I need a little help to build a macro on calc
Since you don't come up with a concrete question, you actually need someone to write the macro for you.
Quoting myself from your Calc topic New sheet from template?
Whenever your try to fake a database in a spreadsheet because "it is so easy" you will end up with extremely difficult formulas(faked relations), macro programming, bad performance, no security(full access on document level), no safety (a power failure may destroy all data) and a high propability of wrong results (a duplicate row may suffice).
Sorry, this is a clear rebuff from my side. Been there, done that. http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic ... tdataarray
Search for other threads by the same guy. He never got ready with that.
Put your data in a database table and let the form wizard create a form for you. This should give you exactly the desired functionality (if that's really all you need).
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Just one tip: Link your "form" values to one row, copy that row, go to the list, insert cells into the first row of that list and paste-special numbers, text, date/times but no formulas. Record the whole operation with the macro recorder.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice