[Solved] Export xml scheme file

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
sevalav

Re: [Solved] Export xml scheme file

Post by sevalav »

Thanks Rudolfo, but I want to keep focus on solution with python's command line, for now. Why? It is simple: python is part of OpenOffice, and whole project is much more independent from others program. I want that file can work on every computer where is installed OpenOffice. I know that what I want is tricky, totally unelegant solution, and IF that really can not finished my work, then I will looking for others solutions.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0, Win
sevalav

Post by sevalav »

Well Rudolfo, generally, in the end, I follow your suggestion. My Basic call batch file, and commands inside this batch file do the rest. I am using 7za.exe to do the job. In the end, I finally get a nice zipped folder with zipped xml file, without any others meta files. To be honest, at first I get one extra file, "desktop.ini", but in other forum I get solution, I add some extra command to my Batch file, and now is OK.
When you must do the similar job, which programming language you will choose?

I want to say thanks all of you who helped me in this project. :)
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0, Win
rudolfo
Volunteer

Post by rudolfo »

sevalav wrote: When you must do the similar job, which programming language you will choose?
When the job is to do something with XML data my first question is always if I can accomplish the task with an XSL transformation and avoid "classical" programming languages completely. If I see that there are additional parts (as packaging the resulting files into a zip archive) or that the XML processing is relatively small compared to the other tasks that have to be done, I choose a language that has good XML parsing libraries, that is available (or can be easily installed) on all system to which I have to deploy my tool and I need to be familiar with that language. My first idea would be to use Perl, simply because I know it best and it fulfills the three requirements that I gave in the sentence before. But there is no (official) UNO bridge for Perl and hence my final choice will be Python which is more smoothly integrated in OpenOffice and if some of my users will work on MS Windows Python has also the advantage of behaving more uniform across different platforms.
OpenOffice 3.1.1 (2.4.3 until October 2009) and LibreOffice 3.3.2 on Windows 2000, AOO 3.4.1 on Windows 7
There are several macro languages in OOo, but none of them is called Visual Basic or VB(A)! Please call it OOo Basic, Star Basic or simply Basic.