Using Basic and Calc to generate new worksheet

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
hbelch

Using Basic and Calc to generate new worksheet

Post by hbelch »

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using? 2.3
What Operating System (version) are you using? XP64
What is your question or comment?

I would like to create a macro which will:

1) read a set of data in a row (one field at a time),

2) create a new worksheet (looping section of the program)

A. copy the original row

B. add new rows with modified data (for instance, add a character or number somewhere in the field) based on the conditions in each field it is reading

C. when finished on the current row, index to the next row and repeat unitl it reaches a null row

This will be used to automatically generate a bill of material for an MRPII system based on output product structure from a CAD system.
hbelch

Re: Using Basic and Calc to generate new worksheet

Post by hbelch »

Hi,

I was really hoping to get some help on this one...

please?
kingfisher
Volunteer

Re: Using Basic and Calc to generate new worksheet

Post by kingfisher »

You're really asking someone to write the macros for you. I use script to do similar things but I would have to spend some time adapting them for your purposes. Your question also should be on the Macros board.

To start with, have a look through Andrew Pitonyak's document, which is available in odt or pdf from the oo section of his website. You'll find other sources of information here. They included books by Pitonyak, Marcelly and Godard and Dr Mark Bain.

I'd recommend that you install the Xray tool and the SDK (Software Developers' Kit) mentioned there.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux