Assign Macro to key event

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
arrowman

Assign Macro to key event

Post by arrowman »

Hello,
I would like to assign m\Macro to key "pressed event". Is this possible?

I wanna make macro which move selection to next column when user press "enter" in last row of actual column.

Thank you,
A.
OpenOffice 3.2.1, Windows XP/Vista
Charlie Young
Volunteer

Re: Assign Macro to key event

Post by Charlie Young »

I don't think you can directly assign a macro to the Enter key, but you can intercept it with a KeyHandler and make it run a macro. I had something close to this from an old post somewhere around here, so I'll present it even though it has a few quirks.

The attached spreadsheet has a button in H1 to start and stop the KeyHandler. The main action of the KeyHandler is in the KeyPressed function. Note first of all that setting KeyHandler_KeyPressed = True prevents the default action (such as go down) from happening. The data in B2:F16 are from the old post, and I don't remember what exactly they were for, but they serve the purpose here well enough, I guess.

Code: Select all

function KeyHandler_KeyPressed(oEvent) as boolean
	Dim oCursor As Object
	Dim oSelection As Object

if oEvent.KeyCode = 1280 then
		oSelection = ThisComponent.CurrentController.Selection
		oCursor = ThisComponent.CurrentController.ActiveSheet.createCursorByRange(oSelection)
		oCursor.collapseToCurrentRegion()
		if oCursor.RangeAddress.EndRow = oSelection.CellAddress.Row and oCursor.RangeAddress.EndRow <> oCursor.RangeAddress.StartRow then
			KeyHandler_KeyPressed = True
			GoRight
		else
			KeyHandler_KeyPressed = False
		endif
	else
		KeyHandler_KeyPressed = False
	endif

end function

The major quirks I alluded to are with the method of determining the end of data in the column. Here I am creating a SheetCellCursor and using collapseToCurrentRegion(). This works pretty much, except that the CurrentRegion also includes the surrounding blank columns and/or rows if one of these is selected. There are other methods of dealing with the end of data, but I'll present this here for possible discussion.
Attachments
ooKeyHandle.ods
Handle Enter Key
(14.34 KiB) Downloaded 768 times
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1
Windows XP
graybeard1ca

Re: Assign Macro to key event

Post by graybeard1ca »

Thanks for this! I had a similar need -- to jump from the bottom of one column to the top of the next when entering data. Connecting my recorded and edited macro to Shift+Enter did the trick. Enter a column of data, press SHIFT+ENTER and I'm ready for the next column. :D :D
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10