Accidental 'Undo' in Basic editor wiped Module1?

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
foxcole
Volunteer

Accidental 'Undo' in Basic editor wiped Module1?

Post by foxcole »

I was using portable 2.3.1 and editing a recorded macro in OpenOffice.org Basic> MyMacros Standard> Module1 but also had another document open. I was interrupted for a bit and must have forgotten which document I was using for what. In the second document I re-recorded the macro and assigned the same macro name, but then realized I had the macro editor open. I looked at the macro and it seemed okay, but wanted to undo any changes, so I selected Undo. The edit window went blank. Of course I did a Redo to restore the contents. Just to play around and see if it would happen again, I chose Undo and at that point our power went out. Oops.

Now Module1 is empty. I can restore it from a backup, but it seems to me this shouldn't have been able to happen. I also realize most people wouldn't be doing this, but if I can do it, someone else can too. (But I seem to have a special knack for breaking things.) My question is whether it's reproducible by others. There is no Issue Tracker issue that I could find, and no other reports of this on other forums that I could find, so it's not a common occurrence... well, so maybe it's more of an academic question and not worth bothering with. But I am curious.
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
TerryE
Volunteer

Re: Accidental 'Undo' in Basic editor wiped Module1?

Post by TerryE »

Placeholder for Change Control and to remove topic from "View unanswered posts" list.
Ubuntu 11.04-x64 + LibreOffice 3 and MS free except the boss's Notebook which runs XP + OOo 3.3.