Random extra/overflow page with loading docs

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
groverblue

Random extra/overflow page with loading docs

Post by groverblue »

I wrote a piece of software that batch processes OOo documents. These are OTT files which are loaded through the Java API. Randomly, when some files are loaded, they are opened with an extra/overflow page. I stepped through the code and verified that it's upon document load, and not a result of populating fields/tables with data. What kills me is that it's completely random. I'm coding/running with version 2.4. I tried to use v3, but the Netbeans plugin doesn't recognize v3 as a valid installation.

Can someone help me out? What can look for as to why OOo would append an extra page?
groverblue

Re: Random extra/overflow page with loading docs

Post by groverblue »

Well, I was stepping through my code, and I noticed that OOo opens one page documents as "Page 1/2", but then it re-adjusts them to single page. This also occurs when opening a document manually.

Why would OOo one a one page document as two pages, then adjust to the correct number of pages?
groverblue

Re: Random extra/overflow page with loading docs

Post by groverblue »

I filed a bug report, and there is a document attached if anyone want to take a look at it.

http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=99346