Search and Replace in a Drawing Document crashing...

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
swingkyd

Search and Replace in a Drawing Document crashing...

Post by swingkyd »

A few things to note which appear to be bugs to me. For a DrawingDocument:
  1. The XSearchable interface provides the createSearchDescriptor() method. This interface can only be created with a DrawPage (not the Draw document). After creation of the search descriptor:
    • if the findFirst method is called and the created search string is not found, the application crashes.
    • If the findFirst method is called and the created search string is found, the application returns not the string, but the interface: ::com::sun::star::uno::XInterface of the object found. If one were to xray this object, (mine are just text boxes) then the following string is found: "resent=" (because I have "Mitigated{CR}Ipresent=$LEVkA" as my string and {CR} is actually a newline or carriage return). I would have expected the string to be "present" and not "resent=".... note this for the next comment
  2. The XReplaceable interface provides the createReplaceDescriptor() method. This interface is created with the DrawPage as well. After creation of both the replaceDescriptor and the searchDescriptor:
    • The replaceAll method can be called. I have not checked if it crashes on not finding anything yet.
    • The replaceAll method replaces the text SHIFTED by one character to the right for me. That is, it replaces the "resent=" text with "myreplace". For example, if I'm replacing "Mitigated" with "Unmitigated" in the text box string "Mitigated{CR}Ipresent=$LEVkA", the result is UnmitigatedIpresent=$LEVkA"... the {CR} gets overwritten!!!! not good!
So, are these bugs or am I totally missing something? If they are bugs, I guess I'll file a bug report.

The following code snips are the drivers used to test these bugs:
make sure you have the following text in a textbox and replace the {CR} with a return on your keyboard:
Mitigated{CR}Ipresent=$LEVkA
here is the code for the replaceAll method call

Code: Select all

sub driveSearch1
  Dim oDoc 	As Object
  Dim oDrawPages	As Object
  Dim oDrawPage		As Object
  Dim oReplaceDesc	As Object

oDoc = thisComponent
  oDrawPages 	= oDoc.getDrawPages()
  oDrawPage 	= oDrawPages.getByIndex(0)

oReplaceDesc	= oDrawPage.createReplaceDescriptor
  oReplaceDesc.searchString 	= "Mitigated"
  oReplaceDesc.replaceString 	= "Unmitigated"
  oReplaceDesc.SearchCaseSensitive = false
  oReplaceDesc.SearchWords = true
  oDrawPage.replaceAll(oReplaceDesc)
end sub

Finally the ugly crash one:

Code: Select all

sub driveSearch2
  Dim oDoc 	As Object
  Dim oDrawPages	As Object
  Dim oDrawPage		As Object
  Dim sMyResult		As Object
  Dim oFound		As Object	' object which was found to test
  oDoc = thisComponent
  oDrawPages 	= oDoc.getDrawPages()
  oDrawPage 	= oDrawPages.getByIndex(0)
  oSearchDesc	= oDrawPage.createSearchDescriptor
  oSearchDesc.searchString = "Present"
' crash here at this next line. put a stop on this line and step into it.
  oFound	= oDrawPage.findFirst(oSearchDesc)
end sub
note: this was also posted in the old forum...i hope that's OK
hol.sten
Volunteer

Re: Search and Replace in a Drawing Document crashing...

Post by hol.sten »

swingkyd wrote:So, are these bugs or am I totally missing something? If they are bugs, I guess I'll file a bug report.
Is your problem related to the problem described in this thread:
- Why Search and Replace doesn't work on all Text? http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic ... g+document

Regards
hol.sten
OOo 3.2.0 on Ubuntu 10.04 • OOo 3.2.1 on Windows 7 64-bit and MS Windows XP