[Solved] PowerPoint macro no longer works

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
Adrian C.

[Solved] PowerPoint macro no longer works

Post by Adrian C. »

I have a PowerPoint file created by someone else which I have saved as an Impress Template. In oo2 the macros in this file worked but in oo3 they don't. It was a simple macro that changed the colour of text and made the text italics when tab was pressed. There was also some indent alteration. In oo3 I can no longer use the template to create files because the macro doesn't work and even in the previous files created the colours and italics do not display while in powerpoint viewer everything displays normally. When I open the template the tab space has been replaced with a bullet.
Last edited by Adrian C. on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: PowerPoint macro no longer works

Post by Villeroy »

OOo never runs PP macros, no matter which version or which distributor (Sun or Novell). PP viewer does not run macros neither. So I do not think your problem is related to macros at all.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Adrian C.

Post by Adrian C. »

Thank you Villeroy for your reply. I did not think PP viewer initiated macros but it does display the presentation that results. If OO never has initiated PP macros then OO2.4 behaved very stangely. When I pressed the tab key in a particular file the indents altered, the text changed colours and the text changed to italics. How do you explain that without a macro? Unfortunatly OO3 won't do it and won't even display the colours or italics that PP viewer does display. There may be more than one issue here but I think a macro is involved somewhere, particular when it does what the person who created it in PP told me it would do - and it doesn't work anymore.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Adrian C.

Re: PowerPoint macro no longer works (Solved)

Post by Adrian C. »

I've looked at this file a bit more closely and I have discovered that Villeroy was right in the first place. It is not a macro issue but a styles issue. Thank you for your help.