[Solved] Hide cols without a mouse

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
robbyn

[Solved] Hide cols without a mouse

Post by robbyn »

For the purposes of a small recorded macro, how do I hide three cols without using the mouse? I have named the cols but do not know what to do next.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Add green tick
Libreoffice v7.2.0.4 on Ubuntu 20.04 Locale en-GB
robleyd

Re: Hide cols without a mouse

Post by robleyd »

Search Help for keyboard;general commands

From the HELP - F1:
Calling Menus With Shortcut Keys
Some of the characters shown on the menu bar are underlined. You can access these menus directly by pressing the underlined character together with the ALT key. Once the menu is opened, you will again find underlined characters. You can access these menu items directly by simply pressing the underlined character key.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
robbyn

Post by robbyn »

Unfortunately, Format-Col-hide has no underlined characters, hence the question.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Just noticed your signature shows LibreOffice. Looking at 6.4.2 I see the main menu doesn't have underlines until you press ALT. LO HELP doesn't mention that minor detail.

Another reason I don't like LibreOffice :-)
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Lupp
Volunteer

Post by Lupp »

Just testing with LibO V 7.2.0.4 under Win 10, I find Alt+o+m+h being correctly displayed in the menu using the underline, and working as expected. For rows the respective menu sequence is Alt+o+w+i because the "h" already is used for Height there.

(Disclaimer: I don't recommend to upgrade to 7.2.0.4. It looks somehow unstable to me.)
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München
robbyn

Post by robbyn »

Thank you for the ALT key recommendation. LO should have made it obvious by leaving the underlines there all the time. I wish they allowed choice by mouse as well.

R