[Solved] Read data from a series of external spreadsheet fil

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
Tanker3278

[Solved] Read data from a series of external spreadsheet fil

Post by Tanker3278 »

Hi everyone!

GOAL: I'd like to write some basic code to loop through all the files (their all in the same directory), find the column that has the parts in it, then go down that column and write that data to a new spreadsheet while sorting the parts into category by sheet. Meaning each category of part has it's own sheet, all the hydraulic stuff is on one sheet, all the material stuff is on another sheet.

BACKGROUND INFO: I have about 30 spreadsheets I've converted to OO Calc files since I'm not going to give MS part of my income every month with that subscription crap.

All the files have the data format, but some of the older ones have a different column arrangement (before I figured out what works best for me). Column C is currently the column for part numbers. The first character in the part number is a category identifier ("h" = hydraulic, "e" = electrical, "m" = materials, "a" = automotive, etc, etc).

I had a very limited amount of experience with VBA in excel from a few years ago. I would not call myself anything beyond a novice. I had a couple of C++ classes back in college (20 years ago). I am actively trying to play with Calc Basic to learn and become more proficient.

Thanks!
-Jimmy
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat May 08, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10.1
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Read data from a series of external spreadsheet files

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Tanker3278

Re: Read data from a series of external spreadsheet files

Post by Tanker3278 »

Vielen Dank!
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10.1