ImplementationID

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
JeJe
Volunteer

ImplementationID

Post by JeJe »

Is the implementationID unique to every instance of an object?

There looks to be no way of identifying an object like a controller or a component window from its properties (ie which controller or which component window)... except possibly the implementationID if its unique to the object?

The documentation just says this... does anyone understand it enough to answer my query?
getImplementationId
sequence< byte >
getImplementationId();

Description
returns a sequence of bytes with length > 0 that is used as an Id to distinguish unambiguously between two sets of types, e.g. to realise hashing functionality when the object is introspected. Two objects that return the same UUID also have to return the same set of types in getTypes(). If a unique implementation Id cannot be provided this method has to return an empty sequence. Important: If the object aggregates other objects the UUID has to be unique for the whole combination of objects.

https://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/com ... vider.html
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
JeJe
Volunteer

Re: ImplementationID

Post by JeJe »

Saying a little more... I can create a non-modal dialog setting a component window as the parent. But when I examine the window it gives void as the parent. So, I'm looking for an identifier for the component window or controller which I can store in a hidden label or something in the dialog so I can find which controller the dialog belongs to. getImplementationId is the only candidate.

Edit:
(There will be more complicated workarounds, but a unique identifier would be simple, if the ImplementationId is one)

Edit2: there's the frame title but that can change eg when Page Preview is shown making that complicated.

Edit 3: As is storing global variables when I might have a number of these dialogs.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

There is a frame name.
objFrame.setName(strName)
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

Great thanks, that seems to work! How did I miss that!

I'll leave the thread open in case anyone can answer the original query

Code: Select all

'NOTE:incomplete code
'framename = whatever
thiscomponent.currentcontroller.frame.setname framename
'create non model dialog and set a label to the frame name
dlg.getcontrol("Label1").model.label =framename

'**************************************************
'later find the dialog again for the currentcontroller by going through all
'the top windows and looking for one with the right title and then a label with the framename

framename = thiscomponent.currentcontroller.frame.getname
t= thiscomponent.currentcontroller.frame.containerwindow.gettoolkit
for i = 0 to t.gettopwindowcount -1
if t.gettopwindow(i).accessiblecontext.gettitledbordertext = "Find" then  'get dialog title here is find
if t.gettopwindow(i).windows(5).accessiblecontext.text  = framename then 'the label is window 5 in the dialog
msgbox "found" & framename
exit for
end if
end if
next

Edit: There might be an issue if something else changes the frame name - say someone else using the same trick in an extension.
I'm guessing that's very unlikely though.