Custom animation - script+hotkey for one-step adding?

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
rowzain

Custom animation - script+hotkey for one-step adding?

Post by rowzain »

On each slide I put several text elements and then assign the Custom Animation effect "Appear" to each. So for each slide I first get textblock1 displayed and after next click textblock2, after next textblock 3, and so on until all textblocks in that slide are displayed. Then that is repeated on the next slide.

This means that I need to assign "Appear" a lot of times. Then it becomes tedious to do these steps each time: (1) select Custom Animations under tasks, (2) click "Add", (3) click "ok". It would be much quicker with a one-step solution (i.e. a hotkey or a toolbar button). I can't find any such default option.

Question: is it possible to make some sort of script that does just that and then tie that script to a hotkey/toolbar button? If so, can anyone give me some pointers on making such a script (any relevant commands etc)

edit: had time to do some more searching now... I found a command ( enum AnimationEffect , Appear ) that seems relevant. But I have zero macro experience and so do not know what to do with it. http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/r ... ffect.html

edit2: there are some examples on this page http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wik ... teractions
But again, they're too complex for me to handle without some assistance. Any feedback is appreciated!

edit3:
I need something like this, right?
__________________ (some steps that connect the currently selected object to "aaaaa")
aaaaa.setPropertyValue("Effect", com.sun.star.presentation.AnimationEffect.APPEAR);
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
rowzain

Re: Custom animation - script+hotkey for one-step adding?

Post by rowzain »

I gave it another try just now. But this gives an error:

Code: Select all

Sub test
rem add custom animation: Appear to selected object
dim selection as object
selection = ThisComponent.CurrentController
selection.setPropertyValue("Effect", com.sun.star.presentation.AnimationEffect.APPEAR );
End Sub
Can anyone see what is wrong here? (probably several things)
Also, do I have better chance of getting an answer if the question is moved to the "Macros and UNO API" subforum?
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
acknak

Re: Custom animation - script+hotkey for one-step adding?

Post by acknak »

[Moved to Macros and UNO API]
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23